(You are probably thinking - this girl has lost it big time... ONIONS???)
This place I am working at over summer has some collaboration with a bank somewhere and the people who own the bank grow onions (or something like that! Don't ask!).
So every year there is an 'Onion Day' when all the employees at this company get a huge bag of Walla Walla onions (yeah - even I hadn't heard of this 'brand' of onions).
Apparently these onions are amongst the sweetest onions around. So the employees take this Onion Day very seriously and are very emotional about the onions. My boss apparently has received complaints in the past over how 'his onions are bigger than mine' (I swear I am not kidding!)
I brought home a huge bag of these "sweet" onions last week. I am very fond of onions and use them pretty liberally in my cooking - I haven't exhausted my stock of old onions at home, but I am waiting to try these new ones out and figure out for myself what the fuss is all about :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
...and I don't write frequently because I can't think of too many interesting topics at once!one word for this one - 'Keyo'tic! :D
emmm ---- i wish ADI was in collabration with De Beers or something like that ---- diamond day wud be most welcome.
Is this post meant to be like the news articles in The Onion? :-)
Hey - sorry for the tardy reply, but things have been a 'lil crazy out here lately! Let me explain... in the span of a couple of comments! Hehe ;-)
NYC... hmmm... what do I say about the city!? Well, I moved her from the west coast (which I TOTALLY love!) just under a year ago - smack in the middle of winter!
Now I know that people claim that last winter was among the mildest in recent memory, but that's a whole load of hokey! I must have died from frost-bite atleast a dozen times! ;-)) Infact, as I sit here typing this comment out, I realize how hard it is to function with 3 stubs where I once had my fingers! hehe.
I live in New Jersey (Jersey City... right by the Hudson River... the bestest views of the Manhattan skyline) and have a 50 minute commute to work (Midtown Manhattan), which involves a 10-minute walk up a hill(ock)... Trust me it's no fun doing that with 40 MPH frigid wind gusts making your eyes water and your nose run! Grrrrrr.
All in all, I couldn't wait to get the hell out of here...
Anyway, just as I was about to pack my bags up and give my firm the two week's notice, spring came along... followed VERY QUICKLY by summer... and man, how things changed!
People stepped out on the streets and flooded the parks... and brought their dogs (= animals I adore! Hehe) with them... The days were warm, the nights super-pleasant... and the city got more and more like Bombay! The kacchra on the streets... the food-stalls on the footpaths... reminded me so much of home! And add to that the free concerts and the sheer multi-cultural feel, and one can't help but fall in love with this place!
And hence, to your plan of visiting the city, I say - "Ohhh Yeah!" :-)) But I speak from experience when I say, "Visit anytime, but between October and May"...hehe.
But that being said, I am out of here in less than 50 days! Moving to my firm's satellite office in San Francisco... and as a result the last few weeks have been crazy busy, and have kept me away from the blogosphere! (See, didn't I promise that I would explain my tardiness within a couple of scraps...haha). But on the bright side, my mom will be here in 2 days, and I am so excited! Actually, 'nervous anticipation' is a better set of words to describe how I feel - "Will she still nag me about my posture?", "Does her padwal chi bhaaji still taste as yummy?"... hehe. The suspense is killing me! ;-))
But I am starting to miss NYC already - hope you Stanfordites manage to make the Bay Area atleast half as much fun! ;-)
do you ever plan to blog again?
Post a Comment