Athena, the Greek Goddess of Wisdom and Craftsmanship, was considered to be one of the most benevolent, merciful and strong Goddesses of Greek mythology - quite the ancient counterpart of the Modern Career Woman!
As I embark on a new phase of my eternal journey and quest for knowledge, here's a devout prayer to the Goddess of Wisdom and Learning - be it Goddess Saraswati (from my beloved Indian mythology) or Athena or Minerva (their Roman mythological counterpart).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Actually, if you are looking for the ancient counterpart of the "modern career woman", may I nominate Persephone?! :D I doubt if any student of epistemology has ever come across a finer balance of career, spouse and family!!
On the flip side though, she does have Hades for a husband - I mean, I don't know how what message the ancients were trying to send us by making the ancient career woman spend a third of each year with King of the Dead and Lord of the Underworld! Hehe ;)
Post a Comment